Re: Automatic access to master

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 11:33:54AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> >>"Stephane" == Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:
>
>  Stephane> On Tuesday 8 June 1999, at 8 h 6, the keyboard of Michael Meskes
>  >> meskes@debian.org> wrote:
>
>  >> Is there a way to automatically start a script on master from a remote
>  >> machine? I tried using ssh but it keeps asking me for the password.
>
>         You can, indeed, set up shh to allow that.
>
>  Stephane> ssh -v master.debian.org date
>
> __> ssh -v master.debian.org date
>
>  Stephane> And you'll see why SSH asks for a password.
>
>         But it did not.

Maybe the original poster wasn't using ssh-agent/ssh-add. If you're
running X, you can try to set things up automatically. Here's a minimal
.xsession to use with xdm. I don't know about startx.

.xsession:
==========

# force to sh for csh users
# xdm runs .xsession under sh even if user uses csh
# ssh-agent gets shell from passwd file, not current shell???
eval `ssh-agent -s`
ssh-add

fvwm2
# wait until x session terminated