Re: Anacron (was: Add "nice -10" to /etc/crontab run-parts comma

> > Is there any way to track any signs of the system being busy (keys, mouse,
> > system load, perhaps others) and start jobs during idle times? That would be
> > a very nice alternative to cron and anacron!
> >

> This would be very tricky.

I think you only need to monitor cpu usage, not keyboard and mouse. If you're
doing nothing the cpu load will be low. If you're away from the computer and
you left it running some cpu-intensive program, you wouldn't want cron jobs to
run then either.

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee
 "The End is near." -- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7771/666.htm