Re: /etc/environment

On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 03:41:50PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 06:30:00PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > Obviously you did not read the docs, there is already a pam_env module. Read
>
> No I did not.
>
> > the administrator docs, not the developer docs.
>
> I'm sorry but I simply don't like the situation where one package is
> expected to take over for another one and some functionality is lost and all
> info you can get is "read the docs". I'm very busy with my real job, so I
> simply don't have time anymore to just play with my Linux. Thus I was hoping
> the install routines would take care of these problems.

Just because one package replaces another doesn't mean they are
configured the same. We are talking about adding a whole new layer to
the authentication and login process, which is bound to create some
different approaches to setup. I gave you the answer you were looking
for and explained where to look in order to configure it the way you
need it. I failed to see that you were expecting some one to do it for
you instead of taking 15 minutes to look over a small section of the
PAM docs.

It would be impossible to take into account every little detail of
shadow's setup and configure pam-apps on the fly to emulate what it
does.

Please take the few moments required to look this over, or maybe go
back to the normal shadow utils.