Kernel 2.2.9 and Iomege Zip drive

Hello,

I remember to read a mail in this list that reported problems
with Kernel 2.2.? and the ppa module.  Now I tried to compile
2.2.9 and in fact I have problems but can't find the solution
in the archive.  Could someone enlighten me please?

May be I can describe the problems with these words:

# insmod ppa
./ppa.o: unresolved symbol parport_unregister_device
./ppa.o: unresolved symbol parport_enumerate
./ppa.o: unresolved symbol parport_register_device
./ppa.o: unresolved symbol parport_claim
./ppa.o: unresolved symbol parport_release

from .config file:
#
# SCSI support
#