Re: Debian QA Group and orphaned

From: Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Debian QA Group and orphaned
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:48:44 +0200

> Please read the Policy from Josip Rodin about this, which has been
> posted recently to debian-devel, debian-policy and debian-qa. An
> orphande Package is a package, where the maintainer disapperead and no
> one knows what has append. Withdrawn packages are packages, where the
> maintainer decide to stop his maintainership for.

I see.

> > And does an orphaned package maintained by the Debian QA Group is
> > really maintained by the Debian QA Group ?
>
> Yes, but the QA-Group has long been not active. Just for some month it
> has started to be active again, as more maintainers started to help in
> den QA-Team. So the QA-Team takes care of his work, but the main work is
> not maintaining orphaned packages but instead it's working on bugfixes
> and improving the quality of the distribution.

Yes, I know that main work of QA-Team is improving the quality of
the distribution but did not know the role of QA-Team on orphaned
packages.

> Then why don't you just ask on Debian-QA what has happend to QA-Team?
> Debian-QA has it's own mailinglist, where you can reach the members of
> the QA-Team.

I am a new-comer in this mailing list and do not know so
much about the situations. I can understand a bit about
Debian-QA. Thank you for your kind advise.

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>