Re: Kernel 2.2.9 and Iomege Zip drive

Frederic Lepied <Frederic.Lepied@sugix.frmug.org> writes:

> christophe.broult@info.unicaen.fr (Christophe Broult) writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just have tried what you suggested below but without success. The
> > ppa module is not automatically loaded when I issue the mount
> > command. At the end, of this message you will find a log of the
> > command I have issued.
> >
> > Can you tell me what I have forgotten?
> >

> Here is what I use to be able to autoload the driver on
> a mount command:
>
> $ cat /etc/modutils/zip
>
> # IOMEGA Zip drive support
>
> pre-install sd_mod /sbin/modprobe ppa
> alias block-major-8 sd_mod

I cannot use that because I have an SCSI based system and thus, as far
as I know, the SCSI disc driver cannot be a module.

I am just wondering why the following does not work:

chicago:~# cat /etc/modutils/zip
alias block-major-8-16 ppa
chicago:~#

I am including the file /etc/conf.modules obtained after

# update-modules

Thank you for your help,

Chris

--
Looking for a cutting edge           | Christophe Broult
software validation technology?      | <mailto:broult@info.unicaen.fr>