Re: What to do about the "Official" CD

Quoting jim westveer <jwest@netnw.com>:

> On 6/16/99, 6:27:03 AM, Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote regarding
> What to do about the "Official" CD:

[snip some other parts]

> > I would also like to suggest that vendors be allowed to "add" items to
> the
> > Official image and still call it "Official". (Possibly Official Plus)
> > There are lots of occasions where the additions to the CD have
> absolutely
> > no impact on the rest of the image. This becomes clear when you
> realise
> > that the "items" they want to add are things like HTML catalogues of
> other
> > products that will be placed in the root directory of the CD.
>
> Actually I am in favior of the "Official" images.  I do not think that
> making an "Daves Official" image, would do anything to resolve the
> problems you mentioned above.  Additionally there is already a
> method to adding Vendor specific information on to the slink_cd
> scripts, and there is room on the slink images specifically for
> vendor additions.  (slink.extras) .

Maybe Dale jsut ask us to mention that the CD can be official even
if he just adds a directory and change nothing else. The Vendor Infos
says that Debian Official CD can have add-on CDs not add-on *on* the
CDs.

[snip]

> --
>
> Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>

> I get to work, flick the excuse page over.
> "ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION FROM SATTELLITE DEBRIS".
> Fair enough, it looks like it's going to be a good day.
> Jim Westveer                      LAN Comp Systems
> jwest@netnw.com                   14524 Issaquah-Hobart Rd
> 425-392-0141 voice                Issaquah, WA 98027 USA
> 425-557-0660 fax                  lcs.issaquah.wa.us
> Fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04

Regards,

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur                    Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70