Re: UK Unix Users Group --- Linux '99 Conference --- Next Weekend

    Phil> Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
    >> >I'm hoping to have time to sort out some CDs to sell/give
    >> away, but >I've only got a single CD burner, so anyone else
    >> that that can lend >a hand, or who knows how to source
    >> freebies, please get in touch.
    >>
    >> I'll see what I can do, I may be able to help here. I have a
    >> few sets around and I may be able to scrounge some cheap media
    >> and borrow a CD-R jukebox.

    Phil> That would be great.  I can get CDs for 50p each, so if you
    Phil> have a Jukebox, I'll order some tomorrow --- they come in
    Phil> 150 CD spindles (for about UKP75.00) and we can sort out
    Phil> some way of getting them to you.  Also, I've got some
    Phil> Donations (from CD sales) that could be used to cover the
    Phil> expenses, if people thought it appropriate.

    Phil> How many CDs can you expect to burn in that thing ?  I've
    Phil> got about 100 on my desk, so even if my supplier's out of
    Phil> stock, that would give us a start.

I've only got a single burner too, but am happy to burn a few CDs.  Is
there anything in particular you'd suggest, or should I concentrate on
slink-i386 binaries?

Here's hoping it's as good as Manchester last year!

Cheers,

Kenny.

--
ADML Support, EUCS, The University of Edinburgh.