Re: UK Unix Users Group --- Linux '99 Conference --- Next Weekend

>     Phil> Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>     >> >I'm hoping to have time to sort out some CDs to sell/give
>     >> away, but >I've only got a single CD burner, so anyone else
>     >> that that can lend >a hand, or who knows how to source
>     >> freebies, please get in touch.
>     >>
>     >> I'll see what I can do, I may be able to help here. I have a
>     >> few sets around and I may be able to scrounge some cheap media
>     >> and borrow a CD-R jukebox.
>
>     Phil> That would be great.  I can get CDs for 50p each, so if you
>     Phil> have a Jukebox, I'll order some tomorrow --- they come in
>     Phil> 150 CD spindles (for about UKP75.00) and we can sort out
>     Phil> some way of getting them to you.  Also, I've got some
>     Phil> Donations (from CD sales) that could be used to cover the
>     Phil> expenses, if people thought it appropriate.
>
>     Phil> How many CDs can you expect to burn in that thing ?  I've
>     Phil> got about 100 on my desk, so even if my supplier's out of
>     Phil> stock, that would give us a start.
>
> I've only got a single burner too, but am happy to burn a few CDs.  Is
> there anything in particular you'd suggest, or should I concentrate on
> slink-i386 binaries?

If you're in a position to burn any other architectures, then it would be nice
to have as many as possible represented, just to emphasise the fact that we
support so many.  I don't suppose there will be a lot of demand, but a couple
of copies of each might be nice (there are going to be about 100 people
attending apparently, so feel free to guess how many of them are likely to
want this stuff)

I think we (Steve & I) should have the i386/source side covered, since he's
managed to borrow a CD jukebox.  Hopefully we should end up with 50 or so 4 CD
i386/source sets.

> Here's hoping it's as good as Manchester last year!

See you there :-)

Cheers, Phil.