Re: 2.2.10 and masquerading.

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 07:40:35PM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:
:
: I cannot seem to be able to get IP masqueraing going with the 2.2.10
: kernel...
:
: Anyone else with better luck? any tips?
:
: There seems to be no CONFIG_IP_FORWARD option at all, which I have a
: feeling was there in 2.2.5.

    . does your box forwarding (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)?
    . is masqerading set up with ipchains?
      -> if you try to bind your masquerading to a specific interface
         (as it was possible with ipfwadm (?)), it doesn't work.  Should
         it?  (Masquerading is a specific forwarding, and forwarding
         should be independend on the interface the packat comes from,
         since you should have blocked the packet with input rules
         already, shouldn't you?)

         [ I've discovered this after several hours trying, guessing and
         grumbling.]

I'm not sure if this is what you ment ...

    Best Regards from [currently] Schwerin/Germany
    Viele Gruesse aus [z.Z.] Schwerin/MV
    Heiko Schlittermann
--
[internet & unix support ----------------- Heiko Schlittermann]