Re: when move /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc ?

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 08:02:03PM -0500, Alexander Shinn wrote:
> Any example that's a binary executable would be a programming example,
> which _should_ be compiled by the person going through the examples
> anyway, since they're trying to learn.  If the binary is just a tool
> for running/viewing the examples, then it's probably of general use to
> the package, and should be included with the main package.
>
> Checking my system (with a sampling of ~1000 packages) I get
>

> (for dir in /usr/doc/*/examples; do find $dir -type f -perm -001; done) |\
> xargs file | grep executable | grep -v text
[...]
> So slang has some programming examples, and included the compiled
> versions of those examples, but there's no reason they couldn't just be
> removed.

slang1-examples or similar maybe?

This is the solution to Debian's problem .. and since the only real way
to create more relatives of developers is to have children, we need more
sex!  It's a long term investment ... it's the work itself that is
satisfying!
        -- Craig Brozefsky