Re: Intent to Package: bladeenc 0.81

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 02:10:40PM -0400, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> Unless there are any objections, I will download this package from Tord
> Jansson's site in .se to pandora (a non-US machine in .nl) within the next
> few days, apply my patch to debianize it on pandora, and place the results
> in incoming on that machine.
>
> Here's the contents of the copyright file I prepared:
>
> It was downloaded from
> <http://home.swipnet.se/~w-82625/encoder/source/bladeenc-081-src-stable.tar.gz>
>
> Copyright:
>
> BladeEnc is free software, distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public
> License. See the file /usr/doc/copyright/LGPL, BladeEnc's homepage
> <http://www.bladeenc.cjb.net> or <http://www.fsf.org/> for more details.

I have an objection. US crypto laws do not allow you to even aide in the
"developement" of crypto remotely (like what you want to do, and yes
compiling is considered developement).

Please don't toy with US export laws at Debian's expense. If you want to
challenge the laws, get your own server please.

Ben