Intent to Package: bladeenc 0.81

Unless there are any objections, I will download this package from Tord
Jansson's site in .se to pandora (a non-US machine in .nl) within the next
few days, apply my patch to debianize it on pandora, and place the results
in incoming on that machine.

Here's the contents of the copyright file I prepared:

It was downloaded from
<http://home.swipnet.se/~w-82625/encoder/source/bladeenc-081-src-stable.tar.gz>

Copyright:

BladeEnc is free software, distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public
License. See the file /usr/doc/copyright/LGPL, BladeEnc's homepage
<http://www.bladeenc.cjb.net> or <http://www.fsf.org/> for more details.

As required by Debian policy, this software has been placed in
non-US/non-free. Although the sourcecode for BladeEnc is distributed under
the LGPL, it includes algorithms and solutions that some of the creators of
the MPEG-1/2 Layer 3 standard claim to have legitimate patents on. These
patents, if valid in your locale, may affect your right to use and/or
distribute the software. If you have doubts surrouding your right to use or
distribute this software, consult a patent attorney before doing so.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brianr@osiris.978.org