Re: Pentium Optimized

M. Brian Akins wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any interest in putting together a set of pentium
> optimized debian packages???

I did some work on this last summer. I have a patch in the BTS that lets
dpkg recognize pentium as a new architecture and install it plus i386
packages. Apt would ideally need to be modified to install pentium packages
in preferent to i386.

I also built a large number of packages optimized using the pentium-builder
package (which needs a serious overhaul now).

I did a few benchmarks, but not enough to decide if it was worth continuing.

--
see shy jo