Re: Pentium Optimized

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 04:07:34PM -0400, M. Brian Akins wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any interest in putting together a set
> of pentium optimized debian packages???
>
> I have done a few for my use by using pgcc (patched egcs) with the
> -march=pentium -mcpu=pentium (as weel as =pentiumpro).  But I will
> admit I'm a newbie in the dpkg world and was wondering had this
> idead been contemplated seriously before.

Although pentium, or even pentiumpro optimization would be nice but
really isn't very practical most of the time.  If you have apps which
you do like and would benifit from these optimization.  Then my
recommendation would be to download the source packages and make your
own.  I do them on ocassion, but they only stay on my system.

--
       Dan Nguyen          | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
    nguyend7@msu.edu       | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.