Re: ITP: Artemis, a DNA sequence viewer

*Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> I intent to package Artemis <http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Artemis/>.
> Artemis is a DNA sequence viewer and annotation tool that allows visualization
> and various manipulations of biosequences.
>
> Technically, it is written in Java, so it will comply with the proposed Java
> policy <http://www.debian.org/~bortz/Java/policy.html>.
>
> Legally, it is GPL but depends presently on a non-free Corba ORB. A version
> which uses a free ORB (JacORB, which I will package as well) is under
> construction. After that, it will "only" depend on Java tools, most of them
> non-free, unfortunately.

  Stephane, you are usurping my role as human-science-package-packaging-machine ;( .

  Real life, and fixing the packages that I already have, have brought my
  packaging to a halt.

  I would like to think that the linux labs in the University
  departments would run Debian, but they all seem to run RH.  There
  are even courses that depend on some of my packages, (these packages
  do not exist for RH).

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org