Re: Re[gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

Martin Quinson <mquinson@ens-lyon.fr> writes:

> If my mother uses your programm (actually, she doesn't, but she
> could), she will have problems with it.

You have a tough mother.

> Now, she ask me why it doesn't work. I'm an middleman.

Right.  This is close to the traditional University situation with
system administrators acting as middlemen.  In both cases it works
well, because the middlemen here are so close to the users that they
can act on their behalf.

It is somewhat different situation than if you got a bug report form a
Japanese user, who couldn't make the software work with the Kanji
version of jtex, but suggested a patch touching part of the code that
was encoded in iso 2022 jp.