Re: [gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> getting patches that work is good, regardless of their origin(*). even if
> you don't use the submitted patches verbatim, they are still useful as
> an example of one way to solve the problem.

No getting patching that I can _understand_ are useful.  Understanding
the patches usually involves either being involved in their creation
(i.e. discussions beforehand) or talking to the author afterwards, and
are in most cases an iterative process.