Re: [gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 03:20:19PM +0200, Per Abrahamsen wrote:
> > (BTW, for queso, I didn't wrote them, someone send me the patches
> > :-)
>
> This actually makes it worse.  Getting patches from someone who didn't
> wrote them is _really_ useless.

that's an absurd attitude.

getting patches that don't work is useless.

getting patches that work is good, regardless of their origin(*). even if
you don't use the submitted patches verbatim, they are still useful as
an example of one way to solve the problem.

(*) assuming that there are no copyright or licensing issues which
prevent you from using them.

craig

--
craig sanders