Re: Pentium Optimized

A nicer solution may be in the sources file for apt, have something that
says:
use i486 i586 i686
or
use alpha EV5 EV4
or
use sparc64 sparc

Then apt will fetch the requested file, searching the specified
archetectures in the order listed, that way the oldest arch is used as the
failsafe arch for wich all things are compiled.

Then it may be possible to not have to specify an archetecture in the deb
lines.

Just a few thoughts.

Andrew Lenharth

Remember, never ask a geek "why";
           just nod your head and back away slowly...

Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete works of
Shakespeare.
Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five minutes.