Re: Orphaning wine...

On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 08:47:44AM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 01:13:01PM +0200, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> >
> > My wine package is currently in a pretty bad state, and would need to be
> > repackaged from scratch; but I don't have too much time for it, and I
> > don't use wine much since I'm not using any Windows programs anymore, so
> > I'd be glad if someone could take it over from me.
> > Also, a minimal knowledge of M$-Windows is required since this is what
> > this package emulates.
Anve this minimal knowledge but One thing is afraying me. In the
/etn/wine.conf, there is :

kernel  = kernel32
gdi     = gdi32
user    = user32
commdlg = comdlg32
commctrl= comctl32
ver     = version
shell   = shell32
lzexpand= lz32
mmsystem= winmm
msvideo = msvfw32
winsock = wsock32

[DllOverrides]
kernel32, gdi32, user32 = builtin
kernel, gdi, user       = builtin
toolhelp                = builtin
comdlg32, commdlg       = elfdll, builtin, native
version, ver            = elfdll, builtin, native
shell32, shell          = builtin, native
lz32, lzexpand          = builtin, native
commctrl, comctl32      = builtin, native
wsock32, winsock        = builtin
advapi32, crtdll, ntdll = builtin, native
mpr, winspool           = builtin, native
ddraw, dinput, dsound   = builtin, native
winmm, mmsystem         = builtin
msvideo, msvfw32        = builtin, native
mcicda.drv, mciseq.drv  = builtin, native
mciwave.drv             = builtin, native
mciavi.drv, mcianim.drv = native, builtin
w32skrnl                = builtin
wnaspi32, wow32         = builtin
system, display, wprocs = builtin
wineps                  = builtin

Must I understand this to package wine or must I leave the defaults ?

> > [This is _not_ a trivial package, and even on my 450Mhz machine, it takes
> > a long time to compile, so think twice before adopting it ;]
How many hours ?

> How far has the wine project come?  This doesn't seem like a package that
> shouldn't be dropped.  What's involved in packaging it?

Is it hard to package? Does wine use autoconf ?

Because I'm a newbie in deb. packaging. I'm not a debian developper now but
I've sent my subscribtion.
If it's not too hard to package, I can take it.