Re: tkpaint package (Re: Packages to give away)

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Victor Wagner wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:
> >
> > > It will only be moved into contrib if it depends on non-free/non-US
> > > software.
> > Policy also permits to move there programs  which are too bugggy.
>
> Whoops?  I didn't know that I to be honest I doubt.  However, somebody
> else just confirmed it.  Interesting.

I'd say this is a bug in Policy. What does Manoj's new Policy version say
about this?

Packages that are known to be too buggy to go into main should go into
experimental, IMHO. Packages that are "very buggy" but not "too buggy" (I
don't know who decides on that, probably the package maintainer) can go
into main with and a big warning in the package description.

Remco
--
rd1936:  1:00am  up 18 days, 15:53,  8 users,  load average: 1.72, 1.64, 1.54