Re: when move /usr/doc -> /usr/share/doc ?

Chris Lawrence wrote:
> I've noticed some problems with alien packages that use /usr/bin/X11
> instead of /usr/X11R6/bin.

Yeah, I've a bug report about that. I'm reluctant to start adding smarts yo
alien to deal with this type of thing -- seems like the first step down a
slippery slope..

> (or equivalent; I implemented
> something identical in Python for reportbug).  On the other hand,
> rearranging your file system (moving /usr/doc to /junk/doc via a
> symlink, for example) probably would continue to confuse the hell out
> of dpkg.

Actually, it doesn't confuse it now, but if dpkg used a realpath() it would
confuse it then.

--
see shy jo