Re: Pentium Optimized

But then you'd need a whole SLEW of optimized packages...

Pentium optimized, Pentium MMX, PentiumPro, Pentium II, Pentium II Xeon,
Pentium III, Pentium III Xeon, Celeron, K5, K6, K6-2, K6-3, K7... And
that's just the i386 platform.  When you add SPARC, UltraSPARC, Alpha,
m68k, etc, etc... you get a whole LOT of Debian distributions.

I have to agree with whoever said using the source packages is the best
way to go for CPU-optimized packages.