Re: Pentium Optimized

Marant Jerome <jerome_marant@hotmail.com> writes:

> What about optimizing time-consuming applications ?
> I mean GNOME, Wine, XServers, GCC itself, etc. We could thus save
> a lot of CPU time.

Gnome? That takes time? Kill it.

Wine? Hmm, I think most time won't be spend in libwine itself but in
the win code.

XServer? How much is that realy taking and what for? If I run xanim or
xaos or wine, it takes huge amounts of time, but then its allways
copying data to the gfx board, which is probably as optimized as you
can get it.

gcc? Didn't you build your own? :) OK, gcc might be another valid
program that gains from optimisation, but building it isn't
difficult. And if you have a pentium and care for speed, you should
build your own pgcc.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin