Re: Pentium Optimized

>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Hall <jonhall@futureks.net> writes:

Goswin> compiling X would be a matter of hours/minutes.

>> You may try this (as I believe you underestimate it). Recently, the X
>> maintainer said that after compiling the X packages, the source tree
>> consumpted 1.5 GB diskspace.

Jonathan> The size of the source tree says nothing about how well the
Jonathan> package can be optimized for a specific CPU or if that
Jonathan> optimization will have any noticable effect.

This is also not the thing I said. I just commented on "compiling X
would be a matter of hours/minutes".

Ciao,
	Martin