On names of people (was: Re: Please check my translation)

On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 11:05:08AM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> What are the rules for upcasing a Japanese name?

I was told by Kelemen Peter, when I met him in Tampere earlier this year,
that it is an international convention to write your name like you've
accustomed to, but capitalise your last name.  So, I'd be Antti-Juhani
KAIJANAHO, you'd be Branden ROBINSON - and I had met KELEMEN Peter.

(Note that our friendly script handling the "who's behind Debian" web page
has screwed up sorting - Peter's name is at P, not K.)

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)