Re: {pre,post}{inst,rm} scripts in Python?

Milan Zamazal wrote:
> If I actually do this, the unpleasant side effect will
> be that you will have to install python-base with gnats, only because of
> the installation/removal scripts.

No... the unpleasant side effect will be that the scripts will fail to
work at all unless the user happens to have python-base installed (and
configured!) already.  Check the packaging manual; there are many ways
for the scripts to get called without any depends (or pre-depends)
being satisfied.  Installation scripts written for a non-Essential
interpreter are not an option.

Richard Braakman