Re: infomagic

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 12:08:09PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > How is this being done?  I've seen nothing about it on the lists.
> >
> > Ditto. I'd like to know if I'm duplicating effort.
>
> As you all already read from dark's message (Richard Braakman, the release
> manager) some two weeks ago, I'm mailing all the maintainers that have
> release critical bugs, introducing them to the options they have in fixing
> them, and asking them a bunch of silly questions nobody knows answers to ;)
>
> Anyway, in the first day of my mailing, 64 maintainers/groups/list were
> reached, and the next day the RC bug number has dropped by 18. Of course,
> not all of that was direct consequence of the mails, but some really were.
> I sincerely hope that this trend will continue in the future :)

That's not what I mean by coordination. What I'd like to know is whether
it's time to work on an NMU for a bug. I figure it's appropriate to find
out if the maintainer is working on the bug by sending him an email. But
did someone just send him an email yesterday? Is it worth me putting a
lot of time into a fix, or does someone else have one almost finished?
That's the kind of stuff I'd like info on. Is anyone doing it?

Mike Stone