Re: Adam Di Carlo vs debmake

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> FYI: This was already discussed in debian-mentors or debian-policy.
> Please read the changelog for debmake 3.5.16 and 3.5.17.

Yes... I was the one who raised it back then, IIRC.  So in 3.5.16 you
decided to follow policy.  In 3.5.17,

debmake (3.5.17) frozen unstable; urgency=high

  * debstd: Undo most the changes in 3.5.16. For now, it just warns.

 -- Santiago Vila <sanvila@ctv.es>  Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:35:08 +0100

My point is a simple one -- you adopt the stance of adhering to Policy
when it suits you (/usr/share/doc), but you break Policy when you feel
like it (allowing packages to edit other conffiles -- with a warning
as a sop to Policy).

Pardon me if I call that what it is -- hypocracy.