Re: When to close bugs - possible solution

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 02:08:25PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 05:02:25PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > Then the proper solution is to make the BTS preserve closed bug reports,
> > not to force maintainers to track releases.
>
> We can do this in dinstall alone - just let dinstall set the severity to fixed
> and retitle the bug to "fixed in $version: $subject". Then after a release a
> script has to run over the BTS closing all the bugs with a subject like this
> (taking into account the version which is in the release).

It still puts overhead on a maintainer: is a FIXED bug an NMU (which the
maintainer still needs to address) or a sorta-closed bug (which the
maintainer needs to ignore.) Perhaps if you add a new PENDING status,
but I'm not sure that adding another category of bugs would _reduce_
confusion...

Mike Stone