Re: usr/man vs usr/share/man?

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@magenta.com> writes:

 Raul> [Earlier today I posted saying I didn't think this was a problem.]
 Raul> [I was wrong.]

 Raul> On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 09:20:38AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Is this not just an issue of swetting MANPATH defaults?

 Raul> There's still a problem here:  If someone upgrades a slink system
 Raul> without installing all of potato (perhaps using apt-get install), and
 Raul> the installed packages supply /usr/share/man man pages and it doesn't
 Raul> have a dependency on some fhs capable version of man-db then yes:
 Raul> there's a problem.

        You are talking about partial upgrades from slink to
 potato. For this, we can ask people to upgrade first to proposed
 upgrades, which contain a fixed man-db package, or to edit
 /etc/manpath.conf manually.

        We do want to make partial upgrades smooth, but it is not
 unreasonable to ask people to upgrade to proposed-updates before
 doing paertial upgrades.

        manoj
--
 Audience: What will become of Linux when the Hurd is ready? Eric
 Youngdale: Err... is Richard Stallman here? From the Linux conference