Re: security.debian.org mirrors?

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I'd rather we didn't make yet another site that needs to be mirrored. The
> original understanding was that security.debian.org was for quickly
> publishing updates that were already destined for stable/proposed-updates.
> That means that security announcements have a fixed place to refer to the
> updates and people seeking to download them also have a fixed place to get
> them from.

Then why are there Packages files?  I have to admit that I had to
skip the initial discussion due to upcoming exams.

> I really do not want to have a third site that must be mirrored - that is

I don't think it needs to be mirrored.  I don't want to enter
security.<code>.debian.org either.  I would refuce such requests
or direct them to ftp at their own risk.  The intention of s.d.o
doesn't include mirroring.

> a tremendous amount of work. It would be much better to have a
> security-updates 'dist' inside the main archive because it will
> automatically be picked up by the 150 mirrors we have.

It would be sufficient - I guess - to *do* point releases every
few weeks like we should.  I'm optimistic that this will be done.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.