Re: security.debian.org mirrors?

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > That means that security announcements have a fixed place to refer to the
> > updates and people seeking to download them also have a fixed place to get
> > them from.

> Then why are there Packages files?  I have to admit that I had to
> skip the initial discussion due to upcoming exams.

It seems like a reasonable thing. If we do point releases frequently then
an APT configuration would look like:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable updates

Now, once the security update has been properly installed in the main
archive APT will automatically use it, till then it is available from the
security site. If someone has proposed-updates in their list then the same
thing happens.

Jason