Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

[Craig flaming Doctor What deleted]

> if someone doesn't want a service enabled then they should not install
> the package that provides that service. if they want the service, then
> install the appropriate package. simple. their choice to install or not
> install.
>
> now what is so fucking difficult to understand about that?

The reasoning behind why anyone should share that opinion.
I'm at a loss.  Sure, you can --unpack a deb to get to the
files without running the postinst or whatever starts these
evil daemons, but why should --install be synonymous with
"run"?