RFC: debconf: New shared template name?

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of a package (alevt) that uses non-standard device files
that need to be created with 'MAKEDEV video4linux'.

According to the Debian Policy Manual, Section 4.6, such programs have to
prompt before they actually create device files.

As I'm converting my package to use debconf this came into my mind:

IMO the question whether packages should create required device files is a
good candidate for a shared/ template (e.g. shared/makedev/create_files). It
wouldn't make much sense to limit this option to each single package, because
any package that needs special device files will only ask once to create them.

Opinions?

Thomas
--
GnuPG: ID=B0FA4F49, http://www.in.tum.de/~schoepf/gpgkey.txt
  Fingerprint: FA38 2D7E 408F 61E4 BF49  B48F 04BD F5BE B0FA 4F49