Re: Poor failure recovery

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 06:02:52PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I want to know why we don't have any statically-linked essential
> utilities on a standard install.  Shell, cat, cp, ls, mv, rm, fsck,
> etc.

-ls, -mv and -rm are supplied by the sash package.

It might be nice to have a statically linked fsck.

Is there any particular advantage to having a statically linked
cat?  [Are you wanting to run shell scripts on a heavily damaged
system?]

Also, remember that it's wise to have a small emergency boot partition.

--
Raul