Re: Squid (suddenly) does not resolv local hostnames

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 12:53:06AM +0200, Laurent Martelli wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with squid. It suddenly does not resolv
> local hostnames which are not in /etc/hosts.
>
> For instance, if I try to browse www with "lynx http://www/";, it says:
>
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
> [...]

two options in /etc/squid.conf may be useful to you here:

	#  TAG: dns_defnames    on|off
	#   Normally the 'dnsserver' disables the RES_DEFNAMES resolver
	#   option (see res_init(3)).  This prevents caches in a hierarchy
	#   from interpreting single-component hostnames locally.  To allow
	#   dnsserver to handle single-component names, enable this
	#   option.
	#
	#dns_defnames off

or:

	#  TAG: append_domain
	#       Appends local domain name to hostnames without any dots in
	#       them.  append_domain must begin with a period.
	#
	#append_domain .yourdomain.com

craig

--