new maintainer and new package...atm

I know I can't become a maintainer right now, but doesn't mean I can't start
working on a package. 8-)

I need suggestions on how to make this package. (note I've never made one
before and I'm reading the docs on how to do it now)

ATM is a networking protocol. It's at the same level as Ethernet and
token-ring. Although it's not very common, it's in wide use on my campus
(CWRU). I want to build a package or set of packages to make it easier for
people here. It'll involve modules for the kernel, daemons (atmsigd, ilmid,
etc), and scripts to load/unload the daemons. What I want to know is should
I split it into several pakages (atm-core, atm-lec, atm-les, atm-clip, etc)
or should I put it all in one big package? The other problem is that atm
requires newer kernels (the newest version I think needs 2.3.12).

Thanks for any help.

--Tod