Re: perhaps sort by priority?

At 08:02 PM 10/19/99 +0200, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
>Well, this could have a larger impact... Think of this:
>
>You need a local (=on site) mirror for using the cd creating scripts.
>Mirroring through a proxy is nearly impossible.
>Directly mirroring from ftp.debian.org is nearly impossible if you're
>say somewhere in europe, because of the distance. This leaves you with
>nothing but downloading the cdimages...

I'm in europe (The Netherlands aka Holland) and I mirror directly from
ftp.debian.org. There is no speed problem here, I have a cable modem
and I download from de main ftp archive at a speed around the 50 Kbyte/s.

I also know that other mirrors here that even go above the 100 Kbyte/s!

Just to put you back in reality...

Sincerely,

Onno