Re: GDB DOES do threads. [was Re: Debian's GDB still can't handle threads!]

Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> This solution, IMHO, sucks.  libpthread should be stripped with --strip-debug,
> not --strip-unneeded.  File size savings is a whole 15 k.  Installing the

Are you sure? The current libc6 strips all libraries with --strip-debug.
I even reported a bug against it.  So there is a legitimate reason to not
strip libpthread.so, but the rest should still be stripped according to
policy.