Re: Problems with debhelper: .changes file is not created

On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 07:25:01PM +0000, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Please excuse me if this problem has been discussed before, but I could
> not search in the archives (glimpse error).
> I have problems with a new debhelper. Some time in the near past
> something on my system changed silently. Now debhelper does not create
> the .changes files anymore when I invoke dpkg-buildpackage.
> This changed behind my back because when I compiled logcheck_1.1-2 (I am
> the maintainer) it worked without problems, but when I compiled
> logcheck_1.1.1-1, it did not.
> The only thing that changed was that I did an uupdate from the new
> upstream sources which went through without rejects (additionally I
> moved it from non-free to main). There were about a 3 weeks in between
> the compile runs.
>
> My debhelper version is 2.0.72, dpkg is 1.4.1.19.

Debhelper does not call dpkg-genchanges, dpkg-buildpackage handles that.
However, I am using 1.4.1.19 aslwell, and haven't noticed this problem, so
I assume it's some sort of weirdness in your setup. Watch the end of the
build more closely to see if any messages pop up related to it.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '