qmail should use different uids

Package: qmail-src
Severity: important

qmail currently uses uids in the range 71-76. I strongly feel that we
should not allocate such a large range of uids in the small 1-99 range
for a non-free program such as qmail.

We have a range for static uids and gid which qmail should use instead.
As maintainer of the base-passwd package I'll appoint qmail the range
63450 to 63455 . Please update the qmail-package to use that instead.

Please update the package to move use the new uids. Once you do that
I'll upload a new base-passwd and make it conflict with older versions
of qmail.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |