Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 10:33:29PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> David Benson <daveb@idealab.com> writes:
>
> This discussion impacts the future of the entire Free Software
> movement.  It darn well better not be private.

I does fail to see how a BSD/GNU based distribution is going to impact
the future of the Free Software movement. (Unless you by Free only means
GPL-based, and think that the BSD system is a loot better that Linux
based kernels).

I fail fo see that more free software in any way does impose a threat to
any-one. No-one but that creator of the software may change it to be
none-free that the same for BSD as for GPL. The original code does not
disappes when someone does a new version. (I still have Debian
GNU/Linux, even thou Corell started there own version. In practice it
does not matter to me about there Licence at all, I STILL have and use
the original Deibai distribution...)

/ Balp

--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               Open Software, Technical Programmer
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969