Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> writes:

> > Package: lynx (main)
> > Maintainer: Christian Hudon <chrish@debian.org>
> >   46021  lynx on alpha exits immediately with interrupt 15, is useless
>
> Can someone from the Alpha-Porters please look at this issue?

I can't reproduce it, seems to be a problem with the submitter's IP
resolving, as the maintainer already said. We should probably have an
[UNREPRODUCABLE] flag.

> > Package: mc (main)
> > Maintainer: Michael Bramer & Martin Bialasinski <mc-debian@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de>
> >   50891  destruction of file system integrity
>
> I would say, that this bug is not trivial to fix and should be forwarded
> to the upstream.

I would say this should be either closed or reassigned to the kernel.
If a program without root manages to destroy a file system, it is the
kernel's fault. But I would guess that the problem isn't really caused
by mc but probably by faulty hardware or whatever. Unfortunately, we
have no way to reproduce it.

> > Package: screen (main)
> > Maintainer: Juan Cespedes <cespedes@debian.org>
> >   50394  screen: It exits upon invocation with [screen is terminating] message.
> >   51058  screen: Immediately quits
>
> Can some confirm that there's still this bug?

Seems to be caused by custom kernels with missing features. Should be
downgraded.

> >   51088  screen doesn't work if home dirs are nfs-mounted
>
> How much work would this be to fix?

I don't know the bug report, but it works here. I'll fetch the bug
report.

	Falk