Re: Proposed changes to wesnoth-1.16 (fixes RC bug and autoremoval in boost1.83 transition)

Am Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 12:27:54PM +0100 schrieb Alexandre Detiste:
> The new best thing to create users is a  "sysusers.d" file which can even
> be upstreamed along the .service to fix the nobody:users mistake.
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/latest/sysusers.d.html

Maybe another idea, not checked if feasible for wesnoth, could be using
the DynamicUser feature from systemd. This will also enable some (some)
hardeining by default, which might be nice as well.

See systemd.exec(5) for details.