More bugs in 0.91 ...

   Date: Tue, 1 Mar 94 09:29 PST
   Sender: debian-devel@pixar.com
   From: jimr@simons-rock.edu (James A. Robinson)

   [...]
   I disagree with this, in my opinion root should not have plain rm
   period.  If somebody is expert enough to not have 'rm -i' they should
   be expert enough to know how to unalias it.  But both our opinions are
   just that, and probably don't have much more then that to back them
   up then what we stated (preferences).

It's not _just_ opinions.  As I understand it, the issues look like:

alias rm="rm -i"
Con: not default behavior -- violates principle of least astonishment
Con: not default bahavior -- silts up /root/.bashrc
Pro: safety
Pro: easily changed by the type of person that doesn't need the safety

You're convincing _me_, but of course I don't really care.  I'm just
pleased as punch that anything works at all.  (Maybe I've been in this
business too long? :-)

Matt Birkholz
birkholz@martigny.ai.mit.edu