Re: successful upgrade to jessie - thanks!

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 03:06:17PM +0100, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Hi Tomas,
>
> Great you like it! Many people are busy working on smoothing the edges
> uncovered by all the inflowing bugreports, so the occasional "thanks!"
> is a nice boost to troop morale. :)

I will second the thank you.. I got through 2 machines with the jessie
upgrade with less trouble than I had with removing bash when we had
exploits a few months ago.

> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 02:22:14PM +0100, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> > Allthough apt-get dist-upgrade broke half way through due to
> > unresolvable package dependencies, I was able to finish the upgrade via
> > aptitude's ncurses interface.

Something, somewhere broke hibernation/sleep on my macbook air, and the
synaptics touchpad, and one of these days I'll figure it out.

Now if we could just redirect all this negative energy into removing
dependencies on the 'bizarre' syntax that bash has in init scripts, and
I could do 'apt-get remove bash', a great thing will have happened ;)

So, keep up the good work, and if you must talk about pain and doom and
gloom, talk about the doom and gloom that comes if you remove bash :P