Re: successful upgrade to jessie - thanks!

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 03:06:17PM +0100, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Hi Tomas,
>
> Great you like it! Many people are busy working on smoothing the edges
> uncovered by all the inflowing bugreports, so the occasional "thanks!"
> is a nice boost to troop morale. :)

Btw, debian is the only complex software system I know of in the history
of the universe that can point to 'successful' upgrade of the size and
complexity that is going on now.

I should qualify this as 'complex systems that can be used to re-create
themselves with minimal external dependencies'. I am sure some mainframes
have the level of upgradeability debian has, but you can't design a new
mainframe CPU on a mainframe, and I can design a CPU (slowly) with tools
in the debian archive.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer@hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash