Re: Please respect Freeze Policy

Hi Sam,

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 03:36:37PM +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:

> Hi.  You assert that even for leaf packages we should not make changes
> in unstable targeted beyond jessie.  I can see an argument for that
> prior to the important bug deadline.  However, past that point, I don't
> see value in avoiding changes to leaf packages in unstable, and I'd like
> to understand why you'd encourage folks to do so.

I have not browsed the full list of packages given by the OP but
r-base-core[1] is no leaf package and creates burden[2] for fellow
maintainers who might not realise the pitfall that they are forced to
t-p-u and need to use a testing chroot to build their packages.  This
kind of nuisance without warning should be avoided and release policy
was issued to ensure this.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/11/msg00413.html